About Our Facilities
Aviator Sports and Events is located within Floyd Bennett Field at 3159 Flatbush Ave. It is an 800-acre decommissioned airport, which is part of Gateway National Recreation Area. With more than 1.5 million visitors annually, Floyd Bennett Field continues to be a tremendously popular New York destination.
Housed in a former airplane hangar and featuring soaring ceilings and an architectural style that is rich with the history of aviation and modern life, Aviator Sports & Events Center inspires, excites, and motivates. The facility includes sports, recreation, and events spaces, as well as event catering, a full-service fitness center, gymnastics, and meeting and events rooms. The outdoor facilities include two multisport outdoor turf fields, as well as numerous outdoor fields, large event spaces a full-service sports restaurant, snack bar and catering services for everything from birthday parties to weddings.
How to Rent
To reserve a facility, please email us at or contact Joe McCabe at (718) 758-7513 .
Summer Facility Rental
The summer facility rental period runs from the third week of June through the last week of August. During that period, outdoor events space, outdoor and indoor field, meeting room, and other facility usage is available through the Aviator Sports Facility Office.
- Parking for over 5,500 cars
- 170,000 square feet of total indoor events, athletics, and recreation space for individuals, families, and groups
- 20,000 square foot field house (indoor hardwood courts and indoor turf fields)
- Two outdoor synthetic turf fields with bleacher seating for over 5,000 spectators
- Outdoor events space for festivals, fairs, concerts, and community oriented entertainment
- Conveniently located approximately 10 miles from both Lower Manhattan and JFK Airport
- Sports & Leagues
- Event Spaces
- Birthday Parties
- Special Events & Rentals
- Groups/School Trips
- Aviator Summer 2013 Program Guide-Online