Aviator Eats: Crispy ChickpeasMay 8, 2020
Aviator Eats: Crispy Chickpeas
After making some sweet and salty treats last week we’re back on our health kick. This is a pantry raid recipe for when you’re craving a crunchy snack. All you need are three ingredients, two of which are definitely already in your house.
- 1 can of chickpeas (15.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Seasonings and/or herbs of your choice.
- Drain the can of chickpeas and place on a sheet pan and dry with a paper towel. It is important to get the chickpeas as dry as possible so they get crispy.
- Transfer chickpeas to a small bowl and add the olive oil and seasonings, herbs
- Place the chickpeas back on a sheet pan in a single layer with parchment paper
- Place the chickpeas in an oven preheated to 400 degrees
- Roast for 20 minutes, then mix around and roast for an additional 20 minutes
If the chickpeas are not dry they’ll end up with a chewier texture. They can be used in salads, pastas, and sandwiches if this happens.
Flavor Combo Recommendations
- Garlic + Parmesean + Italian Herbs
- Chili Powder + Salt
- Salt + Pepper + Garlic
- Paprika + Turmeric + Salt
- Onion Powder + Garlic Powder + Salt
- Trader Joe’s Seasonings – These are our favorite.