Aviator Eats: Low Carb Cheese CrispsJune 11, 2020
Aviator Eats: Low Carb Cheese Crisps
Now that New York City has entered phase 1 of the state’s reopening plan we’re eagerly anticipating getting back and participating in the sports we love on their mats, courts, turf, and fields. With the weather more often beautiful than not athletes have been working out outside getting back into game shape. These Low Carb Cheese Crisps provide the savory cheesy flavor everyone loves with none of the carbs you’ll usually find in chips, cheez-its, Goldfish crackers, etc. We believe everything in moderation and even moderation so while this recipe says low carb we want to stress that there are health benefits of carbohydrates and they are part of a healthy diet.
- 1-2 cups of the shredded cheese of your choice. Recommended options are parmesan, cheddar, pepper jack, and mozzarella
- Seasonings of your choice. Recommended options include: cayenne, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika
- Pre-heat an oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the cheese and the seasonings
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, optionally spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray
- Using a tablespoon scoop and place small mounds of cheese. Keep space between the rounds so they do not meld together
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake anywhere from 6-15 minutes (see notes below)
- The cheese you use will impact bake time. Parmesan will take the least amount of time and mozzarella the most. Keep an eye on it after 6 minutes and remove it when it stops bubbling.
- An alternative method for cooking is to sprinkle the cheese altogether and then cut it into desired shapes with a pizza cutter.
- You can use a mixture of cheese but be sure to pick a mix that will take about the same time to cook like mozzarella and cheddar. A mix of parmesan would not be recommended unless you put the parmesan on later in the cooking process.
Leave a Comment: