Aviator Limelight: “Sir Trevor of Brooklyn” WeaverAugust 24, 2017
Get to know Aviator Sports & Events Center staff better! We think our employees are amazing — and we think you’ll agree! Meet the Aviator Team in our Aviator Limelight Series.
This Weeks Spotlight features Trevor Weaver, who graced us with a great writeup:
I am Trevor “Sir Trevor of Brooklyn” Weaver. I was looking for a change of pace and was thankful to begin working at Aviator in January 2017 after 5 years of working for a non-profit organization focused on changing the lives of the children in Harlem, NY. As part of the Aviator Youth Programs department, I have the position of Manager on the Afterschool and Summer Camp team. I support our director Jason Vasquez with creating a quality Afterschool and Summer Camp program for our Aviator families in hopes that they will come back year after year for the Aviator experience.
It took me a while to adjust to the vibe of Aviator’s staff. I was not entirely used to having everyone know and greet you warmly throughout the day. It’s personally an aspect of working here that I truly appreciate. Also as a sports enthusiast the concept of working in a facility where you are within walking distance of an ice rink, basketball courts, and football fields is a treat for me.
I have been working with children in some capacity since 1999. As a child my mother, a registered nurse in Labor & Delivery would sneak me into the ward where I would dress in doctor’s scrubs and I would burp the newborns after I fed them their formula. New mothers weren’t sure if they saw a child feeding their baby or if the meds from giving birth had not worn off yet.
Now I get to impart my experience on others and get to be silly with the children and get paid for it. I find that the best of both worlds. Through the years my interest change but they always revolve around the betterment of youth. My inspirations vary from a cool kid in the 4th grade to a father and his daughter on Instagram. My biggest inspirations are my wife, Melissa, of 6 yrs and our 3 yr old Savannah. They are everything I need as for as comedians, best friends, debaters and overall focus for me to best person I can.
Fun Facts About Sir Trevor of Brooklyn:
- My teams are the Nets, Jets, Mets, Islanders, NC State Wolfpack, where I went to college, Social Work Major, and now I am a proud supporter of The Arsenal football club.
- My parents are from the beautiful island of Antigua, 365 beaches. I was born in Brooklyn.
- I have 18 siblings….long story.
- On the “ Cosby Show” Malcolm Jamal-Warner’s character of Theo Huxtable working in an after school program while in college, was a huge influence that made me think it would be cool to dedicate myself to helping children.
- There is a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial that aired during March Madness a few years ago, true story.
- If I could be on Game of Thrones, I would be Sir Trevor of Brooklyn.
- I should have been on Sesame Street as a child, my opinion.
- I shared an airplane with Jimmy Carter. Savannah was with me she’ll tell you.
- Big Coldplay fan, can’t tell me nothing about my guys. They’re my daughter’s godfathers in my mind.
- I have a secret talent…..it’s a secret!
- I once played a piano recital in Carnegie Hall. I scored in the 90th I have big hands and my fingers hit the wrong key.
- If you ever see my Google history you’d see a lot of interest in Early Childhood and Fathers. I feel very strongly about the importance of positive male influence in a child’s life.
- I hope to focus on and cultivate an initiative with the purpose to highlight and appreciate fathers and positive male role models. @letsgodads
- Ironic that I have been raised 90% by strong women but the times spent with my dad and constant contact with me since he would be in Antigua for most of my youth, and I in Brooklyn made an impact on me.
- Favorite Artists Coldplay, Adele, Chance The Rapper, Anderson .Paak
- If I were a DJ, my DJ name would be DJ BInTWo (Best In The World), Inspired by CM Punk, I’m a wrestling fan.
- I want to learn to ice skate. If I can do that my time at Aviator would totally be worth it.
- I love to garden as attribute to my mom who loved it. I planted a fig tree years ago. I’m very proud of it. Now as summer concludes I pick and eat a Black Mission fig each morning, they say it’s good for people with asthma.
- My dream is to sit front row at the Barclays for a Nets game….for free.
- The 1st day of school falls on my birthday, I always wanted my birthday party in school but I always felt it was too early in the school year to turn up.
- Last FUN FACT: Friends say I’m wordy. I don’t see it……right?
…Just remember Trevor 15ft. away 😉
Stay tuned for more staff introductions from The Aviator Limelight Series!