Top Seven Reasons To Get A Custom Mouth GuardOctober 25, 2016
Top Seven Reasons To Wear A Custom Mouth Guard
Wearing a mouth guard helps prevent against structural damage to your teeth and jaw and also helps prevent injuries such as cuts to the cheeks, tongue, and lips. Mouth guards have also been shown to help decrease the risk of concussions. Recent studies have shown that 75% of oral injuries occurred when the player was not using a mouthguard.
Just like generic sports equipment mouth guards are available at any sporting goods store. However, generic mouth guards like this do not offer the best level of protection. Generic mouth guards can be ill-fitting and uncomfortable.
For the highest level of comfort and protection, you should visit a dentist for a custom mouth guard fitting. Dr. Lichter who has a practice in Brooklyn stopped by Aviator Sports and Events Center to provide his top seven list of reasons to get a custom mouth guard.
- The highest level of oral protection – A custom mouth guard is created specifically for the optimal protection of your mouth.
- Custom mouth guards increase performance – Just like a custom hockey stick or a baseball bat a mouthguard can help improve performance. Generic mouth guards may be bulky or ill-fitting, and the athlete will spend time focusing on adjusting instead of paying attention to the game.
- Prevents soft tissue injuries – Not only does a mouth guard protect teeth but it can help the wearer avoid injuries to their cheeks or tongue by preventing biting.
- Prevents Jaw Fractures – A serious injury that prevents playing as well as proper nutrition during recovery a custom mouth guard can help stabilize preventing a jaw fracture.
- Prevents teeth from being knocked out or tooth displacement – The calling card for hockey players used to be missing teeth, but custom mouth guards (and helmets) have put a stop to that. Whether on the football or baseball field, on the ice or any other sport a custom mouth guard will keep your teeth where they should be, in your mouth.
- Concussion prevention – Mouth guards help absorb shock, stabilize the head and neck, and limit movement caused by a direct hit to the jaw which can cause a concussion.
- Custom Designs – Leave your mark on the game by creating a mouth guard with your team logo, fun designs or colors you want!
Stay tuned for our next video where we follow an Aviator Sports employee to get his custom mouth guard from Dr. Lichter. For more information on custom mouth guards visit Dr. Lichter’s website or call 718-339-7878.
Leave a Comment: