Learn about concussion in hockey
The NYU Langone Hockey Center and Aviator Hockey are hosting a FREE team skate, dinner, and presentation for coaches, athletes and parents on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
The seminar topics will include concussion prevalence in hockey, signs and symptoms, assessment tools, the role of the coach and parent, and concussion rehabilitation. There will be a Q&A session with the speakers following the seminar.
- 6:00pm – 6:45pm: Team Skate for Ages 5-12
- 7:00pm – 7:40pm: Dinner and Concussion Seminar
- 8:15pm – 9:00pm: Team Skate for Ages 5+
- Definition and Prevalence of Concussion in Hockey
- Assessment Tools for Concussion
- Concussion Identification: Signs and Symptoms
- Your Role as a Parent or Coach in Concussion Management
- Concussion Recovery and Return to Play
- Geraldine (Dina) Pagnotta, MPT, MPH
- Mara Sproul, RN, MPA
- Julia Drattell, MEd, ATC
Free dinner will be served for all who register including ziti with a salad, bottled water and coffee/tea, cookies and brownies. Dinner will be buffet style and to be enjoyed during the seminar.